Gun violence in America is an epidemic. But it could be stopped if we demanded the politicians not be beholden to the gun lobby.
- Americans own nearly half (48%) of the estimated 650 million civilian-owned guns worldwide. (Source: CNN)
- Americans own more guns per capital than residents of any other country. (Source: CNN)
- Gun homicide rates are 25.2 times higher in the US than in other high-income countries (Source: CNN)
- Guns kill nearly 1,300 US children each year, study says
- “Most American gun owners (two-thirds) say a major reason they own a gun is for their personal protection, according to the Pew study. However, the majority of America’s firearm-related deaths are attributed to self-harm.” (Source: CNN)